Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Go on and put your ear to the ground, you know you will be hearing that sound....

Have you ever met someone and felt a connection?

Like a for real, serious face connection?

It’s like every word this person says is a direct reflection of the deepest recesses of your soul? Echoing thoughts and feelings that you never believed you could share with another person?

The very idea that there is someone in the world that not only understands you, but feels the same way, rocks you to the core of your being?

Like, “for reals” feelings. Feelings that I didn’t even know I could admit to myself.

I’ve met that person and I’m scared.

Scared of rejection? Scared to end up alone? Scared it’s too soon?

No.

Scared because that person is Amy Winehouse and that bitch is on crack.

Besides our obvious shared love for liquid eyeliner for daytime wear, we both run around just so we don’t have to think about thinking.

Our tears dry on their own.

We can both sniff out Tanqueray.

I relate to every song.

(Except maybe Rehab, I think the closest I’ve come to needing rehab was when I almost put myself in a diabetic coma by eating an entire bowl of uncooked brownie mix one night in college. What? We made it without eggs. Make brownies not frownies.)

I guess it just goes to prove that you can find a soulmate in the last place you would expect. Maybe it’s a colleague of your best friend that you’ll meet in a local bar. Maybe it’s a boy from your fifth grade class. Maybe that person is passed out in a dark alley known for its thriving and active drug community.

I guess the moral of the story is that he/she is out there. Keep looking. Also, don’t do drugs.

4 comments:

Andy said...

Phew. I really thought you were talking about the waitress from Sushi Island.

Lisa, I really hate to be the only friend you have who has the balls to tell you this, but she only brought you a beer because you ordered it. You literally asked "Can I have a Sapporo?" I heard it. She even charged you for it.

And write to the Prime Minister as much as you'd like; just know that they aren't going to change their language to make "Sapporo" mean "you sure have a purty mouth" in Japanese.

I'm asking nicely, sweetie: just let it go.

Unknown said...

I think your next post should focus on the anti-soul mates. There are so many more of these people out there. I bet we can all count at least five people that we've met in the last six months that within 60 seconds we knew they were useless pieces of dung that we never wanted to see or hear from again. Too harsh. I think not. As a famous blogger once told me, "I hate everyone." Words to live by.

Also, when I think songs and rehab, nothing tops "bartender." "sitting at a bar on the inside..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STOKbDpDZbA

Tony Fornaro said...

"Scared of rejection? Scared to end up alone? Scared it’s too soon No. Scared because that person is Amy Winehouse and that bitch is on crack." - Tremendous.

This has to be my favorite of your posts. Generally I consider your blog...well I don't because the only person who updates their blog less frequently than you is me, and I'm a jerk. But this is capitol work right here!

You relate warmly to Amy Winehouse and I feel cosmically connected to Genghis Kahn, Peter North and Nicholas Cage's character in "Leaving Las Vegas"...so who's more f*cked?

Andy said...

You should post something. Even a free-write. Sometimes those make the best posts.