Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Magical Animal

There you are!

I've been trying to start this blog for about two weeks now and the main thing holding me back was the title.

I ended up with Color Me Blah because that's how I feel about a lot of things, and it also emphasizes my love for terrible music.


As it turns out, asking your friends to help you name a blog is an interesting exercise in "discovering what your friends really think about you." I experienced a similar phenomenon at my father's retirement party, when "Baby Got Back" came on and multiple members of my family yelled, "This is Lisa's song!"

Thankfully, none of the names suggested by my friends had an impact on my already distorted self-image but most hinted on me being extremely sarcastic and I started to wonder if that really defines me....

I dug deep into my soul, as well as deep into a bag of Cape Cod potato chips, to try to find the answer.

The answer is yes.

I'm not sure I will really have anything interesting to say on this thing but I hope to, at the very least, make you laugh..or maybe just snicker...or maybe want to go get a Snickers? I'm never one to underestimate the power of words.....

No comments: