Monday, April 28, 2008

Wait a second! Is that Lisa's music?


I want a soundtrack. How awesome would that be? Music that just followed you everywhere, either as your calling card before entering a ring, or just to reflect your current mood. It's been in the Family Guy, I want it in my life.

Imagine how much more likely you would be to actually go grocery shopping if you knew you could moonwalk down the cereal aisle to "Billy Jean" as you happily grabbed boxes of Lucky Charms?

How much easier it would be to understand a girl's mood, if as you approached her, you heard "Symphony of Destruction," by Megadeath playing in the background.

Different songs, different scenarios.

A song for when I cartwheel out of bed in the morning, ready to take on the day! (“Fat Bottomed Girls” – Queen) A song for arriving at my desk and seeing I have 160 new emails since last night, and 19 of them are marked "urgent." (“Cool It Now” – New Edition) A song for a Friday afternoon drive home for a long weekend (“Break My Stride” – Matthew Wilder)…and then a completely different song when you hit Cape and/or Maine/NH traffic (“Why Aren’t We Moving?” – Lisa, as yelled in her Accord)

Some people have this choice, and those people are called professional baseball players.

Whether it's the walk to the plate or the jog to the mound, they get to pick a song.

Assuming I would be a "closer" (per my work review that says I'm great at coming through in the clutch, but need to work on consistency...) I've given a lot of thought to my song.

I've chosen "Da Rockwilder" by Method Man (feat. Redman) because I think it is the greatest beginning of a song, ever. I get pumped every single time I hear it. Seriously. I jog towards a mound and throw things when I hear that song, even if that mound is a pile of laundry on the floor and I’m hurling eyeliner across the room…you get my point.

So what’s your song/scenario? I’ve let you in, people…it’s only fair you do the same….

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great concept! I'd come out to "Plowed" by Sponge. It's one of those songs that you hear on the radio and regrdess of how fast you're going or if someone is in front of you, you just hammer the gas....and then the brake if there is a car in front of you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHjdmNLs0go

Anonymous said...

Detachable Penis by King Missle, because I've been told that sometimes, I act like a woman.

Park Street Rambler said...

Every time I walk into a bar I want "What I Say?" by Ray Charles to start playing (http://tinyurl.com/4s7gbe) and I would also like to couple that with slow motion, if I may.

Anonymous said...

Getting in shape montage - "Push it to the Limit" - Scarface soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhsTmiK7Q2M)

MLB Closer - "Symphony of Destruction" - Megadeth, or "For Whom the Bell Tolls" - Metallica, or "Hot Stuff" - Craig David. (Crowd would also be celebrating my entrance like the Indians fans in "Major League" when Ricky Vaughn comes into the game. Yes, I've thought through this fantasy once or twice.)

Friday PM drive home - Loverboy, "Working for the Weekend"

Early Saturday AM Clubbing Montage - "Don't Stop the Music" - Rihanna

Saturday PM Flag Football montage - "You're the Best Around" - Karate Kid Soundtrack

Anonymous said...

Closer Music (for the San Francisco Giants) - "Macho Man" by the Village People
Closer Music (for every other MLB team) - Thursday by Morphine (the greatest baseline of all time... this is the type of song that will make you grow a second ass just to kick it twice)
Post Coitus - "Look Away" by Chicago
Coming out to my family - "I Gotta Man" by Positive K
Eating Pepperoni - "Havin a Roni" by Vanilla Ice
Talking my wife into a threesome - "Dream On" by Aerosmith

Anonymous said...

I have thought about this long and hard (that's what she said) and I've decided I don't have much creativity to offer on this one because I get too frustrated that I'm forgetting awesome songs that I'd want to include. So instead, I will give one. The one song that allllways makes me smile, that it's impossible not to dance to, and that I'd be thrilled was playing every morning when my alarm clock goes off. Call me cliche.....

Wake me up before you go go...WHAM!

You just smiled didn't you. It's infectious.

Anonymous said...

Anyone here or elsewhere who says they wouldn't use Rick Derringer's "I Am a Real American" (Hulk Hogan's intro music) for any situation, in any setting, with anyone, is lying to themselves, and everyone they care about.

You're gonna tell me that's not the song that runs through your head every time you walk into your office, eat a basket of curly fries, or do some quick manscaping before you jump into your pre-friday night shower? You sir/ma'am, are a liar. Because when it comes crashin down and it hurts inside, I'm guessing you're the person who DOES NOT take a stand, and thinks that it DOES in fact help to hide.

You are an embarrassment. Not you Lisa. Hypothetical you - whoever is reading this. But, then i guess that's you.

I like your blog. bye.