Thursday, February 19, 2009

Investigating the joint for traps, checking my telephone for taps

Tangents.

I feel like that is exactly how my brain works. There are times when I have no idea why I am talking about a certain subject, but when I backtrack into how a certain conversation came about, it is pretty clear that I’m a lunatic (and very easily distracted).

The other day I was laughing about the early seasons of the Cosby Show. So good. Easily some of the funniest material to ever hit the small screen. Rudy’s slumber party? The scene where Dr. Huxtable is bouncing kids on his knee playing “bucking horse” and then Peter (the child that looked like the baby from the show “Dinosaurs”) climbs up there and falls halfway off. Oh man.


Sidenote: Did you know that Keisha Knight-Pulliam is the youngest actress ever to be nominated for an Emmy? She was nominated at age six for best supporting actress. This information is brought to you by the awesome trivia DJ guy from Wednesday...who would have been even more awesome had he not tried to talk me out of believing that Sam Oktoberfest is one of the greatest beers on the market...but I digress…obviously. See?!

Anyway. So the reason I was thinking about the Cosby Show was because I had quoted the episode in which Stevie Wonder had appeared. The recording studio. Jammin on the one. R-R-R-Robert. Television gold.

I got asked, “where did that come from?” and was embarrassed by my answer.

I was scanning headlines and saw a mention of the Jonas Brothers.

When I thought of the Jonas Brothers I thought back to how angry I was that they got to perform with Stevie Wonder at the Grammys. How did that even happen? It’s Stevie Wonder! Every time one of those little Jonas girls yelled, “Come on Stevie!” I wanted to choke them by their kerchiefs. They should not be on the same stage with him, never mind address him casually.

When I thought of Stevie Wonder and how ridiculously awesome he is, I started to think of favorite songs…silly shirts….extremely tight and well kept braids….and that time he appeared on the Cosby Show. Man, I love the Cosby Show.

So that’s how my brain works. Jonas Brothers to Cosby Show. It’s like a Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon-type deal. A game that I am horrible at because I’m just not good at remembering who is in what movie…but man, I love the Cosby Show.

7 comments:

Stacey / @Stacey4Crazy said...

I heard Stevie was a huge fan of their kerchiefs. And he loved watching them dance around. As did I. Not sure what it is...maybe the youthfulness, the crazy hair, the horribly tight pants, the purity rings...I don't know. But I have huge crush on them. I love the Jonas Brothers. Stacey hearts Jonas Brothers. I might have a poster above my bed. Or I might not.

Lisa Lisa said...

Stace...I don't think Stevie...actually.."watched" them do anything.

C U B I C L E D said...

wow.

Unknown said...

Lisa, please stop talking to the this DJ trivia character. He obviously has no business being in any bar and probably drinks Coors Light. In related news, your post got me thinking about White Men Can't Jump. Great movie...see if you can figure out how I got there.

Lisa Lisa said...

Cosby Show - Allen Payne (played Lance) was in New Jack City with Wesley Snipes...who was in White Men Can't Jump?

Unknown said...

Sorry Leesa. That's not it. Here's how...Cosby show to Different World show spin off, which starred Dwayne Wayne (not sure of his real name), who was in White Men Can't Jump...the guy who kept chanting, "we going sizzler, we going sizzler" at the beginning of the flick.

Jon said...

First thing that comes to mind when I think of the Cosby Show is Dr. Huxtable giving birth to a hoagie and bottle of orange soda.