Tuesday, November 2, 2010

So close yet so far ya know, she never seemed to notice, that this silly schoolboy crush wasn't just pretend....

You know that saying that all girls quote or have hanging in their rooms or in a frame on their desks or whatever? The one that ends with "Dance like no one is watching." Why would you dance like no one is watching? That's crazyface. Dance like EVERYONE is watching! Own that shizz. If you do...eventually..they will watch. And they will like it. And then you're awesome!

Did everyone vote today? Did everyone remind everyone to vote today so that all you heard or read all day was people telling you to vote even though everyone around you was also telling you to vote so you were basically just telling people who said they voted, to vote?

I'm fairly certain if I tried to remind all of my friends on Facebook to vote today, it would have been the equivalent of me standing next to the super-election-scantron-machine, as you were entering your ballot, while the poll workers were crossing off your name, yelling, "Don't forget to vote!" Kind of repetitive, given the audience.

I wish folks would remind me to do other stuff besides vote. Like "Don't forget to floss today!" or "Don't forget to pay NStar today!" Then I could get a sweet sticker, everyone's dental hygiene would be better, my lights wouldn't get shut off...everybody wins!

If you are my age (29 for the first time), with a standard deviation of 10 years, you should read this site every single day: I'm Remembering!

Have you ever had one of those days when you're over-analyzing everything you do and you kind of deny feelings you have even though you have suspected them all along and eventually you have to admit them to yourself? Had that today...."Crap. I like Maroon 5."

I always feel bad when people say, "I don't know. I don't watch much TV." I watch a TON of TV. I average about 3 episodes of Law & Order (Original recipe, SVU and/or Criminal Intent) a day. I also read books, so I figure that helps balance my massive television consumption. You can Take That like Robbie Williams, non-TV watchers.

Speaking of which, if the little boy that came to my house trick-or-treating dressed as a S.W.A.T. team member had actually been wearing an NCIS hat, I'm fairly certain he was getting the whole bowl of candy from the Mokaba house. Porch light off! No more candy! That kid wins Halloween.

You know who else wins? Me. For having readers like you. Hugs!

6 comments:

mahshad said...

they just don't make kids like they used to. even here in Texas, i had some little pricks pick over the candy like a pack of orthorexia nervosa out-patients asking if things were vegan, or gluten-free, or contained HFCS. get your damn maws and dirty paws into that bowl of candy and take ALL you can get, you assholes! seriously... what is WRONG with children today?

mahshad said...

on another note, i DETEST that stupid quote about dancing like no one is watching and laughing like no one is listening or whatever. even though i'm constantly dancing when no one is, in fact, watching, i always pretend that someone (like... oh, i dunno... Prince) is watching. otherwise, what's the GD point? how else will i perfect my form?

Marie Escobar said...

Love this! I've been so tempted to video myself dancing to Another Bad Creation in the car ever since the emergence of the Shaq video.
I dance and I don't care who is watching, I dance for myself.

Anonymous Chrissy said...

@Mashad- if a trick-or-treater had asked me if I had gluten-free candy, I would have pushed him down the stairs. Then tossed him a Kitkat.

Anonymous said...

SVU FTW

Pamela said...

Take That like Robbie Williams: Hahaahaha, yes. Agreed.