Thursday, February 3, 2011

You had my heart inside your hand, but you played it to the beat.

How about this weather, huh? Snowbigdeal. SBD.


Has this ever happened to you? You come home from a going away party for your friend Nick, who is leaving to split his time between South Africa, Afghanistan and Malawi...and you have an email from your cousin Laura saying she's moving to Rwanda the next day? No? Just me? Cool.


One of those days.
Yup, my friends and family, off saving the world. Don't worry guys, I'll keep...doing..stuff..here..too. Like writing about things that aren't important. And making dip. I highly suggest you follow Nick's blog here: http://pandemicprose.blogspot.com/


I will post Laura's as well, as soon as she is settled in. 


Stuff like that almost makes me feel bad about complaining that I dropped a call three times on my Blackberry last night. Almost. Seriously, I had not moved a single inch when I was on the call. How does one drop a call sitting in the same exact place? I didn't wander into a dead zone. I AM a dead zone for cripe's sake. Emotionally, speaking.


Also, I will be adding "Listen buddy, it's not my fault that guy is blind and frankly, it's not my problem," to the list of "Things I Did Not Anticipate Myself Saying." Long story short, some guy yelled at me the other day because a blind gentleman with a guide dog was walking up the street and could potentially, eventually, walk into my non-moving car as I waited to pull out of a parking lot. I'm fairly certain the dog would not have let the guy walk into my car, and I'm also fairly certain the guy that yelled at me was on meth.


Already on the "Things I Did Not Anticipate Myself Saying" list:
-"We're huge in the Netherlands."
-"Do you know where can I get a Casey Affleck shirt?"
-"Haha I LOVE Steven Tyler!"
- And repeating to myself in the car, "Don't say the c-word on the radio, don't say the c-word on the radio, don't say the c-word on the radio...."


Look! Here's the bottom line.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you in a frisky mood when writing this?

Ross Levanto said...

Write. More. Please.

Kari said...

Tell me more about dip.