Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Greetings, salutations, peace to the nations

I live by myself. It’s cool. I get to come home and you know… sit.

I don’t have to worry about doing all that stuff that people do when they have roommates like…have conversations or fulfill that need/love I have to make dinner for others. Nope. Just me. Hi!

So I thought today that I should get one of those welcome slates to hang on my front door. Seems like the friendly, neighborly thing to do. Do you know what it would say?

Welcome! The Mokaba

Artist’s rendition:


**Kudos to my Dad for laughing at my sign idea and then brilliantly suggesting I just tape over the sign they already have at the house to change it from plural to singular.

Life is funny. So is that sign. And if you don't think I'm going to actually order one, you don't know me at all. And if you don't know me by now, you will never, never, never know me...oooooooooooooh.

And in case you were interested, below is the original, loving family version:

9 comments:

Nicky Fitz said...

simply red? really? going deep into the vault for that one, now, aren't we....

Lisa Lisa said...

It actually came out naturally, given the sentence before it.

No love for the title? "Top O' The Mornin To Ya" by House of Pain.

Did Simply Red also say "Cause I bring doom, I got the boom sha lock lock boom" because House of Pain did...

Unknown said...

The masking tape is nice touch. Your dad has a gift. Why order a new one?

Are Everlast and House of Pain the same guy or did Eminem want to beat up two people?

Ross Levanto said...

Awesome.

Lisa Lisa said...

Keith, Everlast was the front man for House of Pain. He's Irish, but he's not a leprechaun.

And Eminem hates everyone, including you and Ross.

Stacey W. said...

What's annoying about the lovely sign is the grammatical error. It would be The Mokabas. Not The Mokaba's. That's possessive! The Mokaba's what?!?! The Mokaba's House? I guess that's possible, but insanely frustrating. Then they should have written The Mokaba's house. UGH. I hate improper use of apostrophes. :)

Lisa Lisa said...

Let's all work under the assumption that the sign maker meant "The Mokaba's House" because the sign hangs on the back porch.

Since we don't know the whole story, let's assume the least upsetting motivation behind the apostrophe.

And for more apostrophe-fun, visit http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hotdog

mahshad said...

Well if we operate under the assumption that the signmaker meant "The Mokaba's house", then this is the sign for YOU, Lisa, not your family. Theirs would be "The Mokabas's". Just steal the one from home.

Isn't grammatical pretentiousness fun?!