Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Steppin down to a six when you're workin with 10?

Question.

If you were going to make a cookie, an oatmeal cookie, why would you EVER reach for raisins instead of chocolate chips?

Do you really want an oatmeal raisin cookie more than an oatmeal chocolate chip one?

This makes no sense to me.

That’s like answering all the questions on a test correctly…but then erasing the last few answers because you’d rather get a C instead of an A. Essentially the same amount of effort, but you’re actively choosing inferiority.

Sure, oatmeal raisin cookies are good, but a little piece of me always questions the judgement of the baker.

This is actually something I thought about today. The sandwich place I went to had lots of oatmeal raisin cookies and frankly, I found it disappointing.

I also thought about my entire life and decisions I've made and what I am doing with myself and where I am going and what I can change and things I can fix and things I have to accept and things that are out of my control...but that was so boooooring.

Choose chocolate chips. Time for a change.

4 comments:

Gina said...

It's funny how many people openly choose to step down...It's like they think nobody will notice. I think we should start compiling our food analogies to life lessons. There is a book in this for sure. (and yes, I am openly ignoring my students right now to catch up on your blog.)

Jon said...

Nobody knows more about stepping down than my wife.

Unknown said...

The jack ass who decided that the cookie should be oatmeal based stepped down. Make a regular chocolate chip cookie (with cisco, not butter). While it's warm, step up and put some vanilla ice cream on it.

Andy said...

I don't like chocolate chips. :-(